Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: I don’t want to sell!

I don’t want to sell! 4 months 2 weeks ago #84525

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 51
So can anyone help this person in locating a good secondhand engine - cheap?

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I don’t want to sell! 4 months 2 weeks ago #84528

If anyone is able to locate a second hand engine please let Avi at A & J Automotive know ASAP because he was trying to source one today but so far without success.

I don’t want to sell! 4 months 2 weeks ago #84532

• Richie
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 16
It's the old story......they are on every street corner until you want one! I saw the ad for the 2k car last Sunday and the owner stated it had to be sold that day.
It was a post on a facebook site called PT Cruiser and Classic Car Club. Does anyone know if it went or where it went. It had a draining battery elec problem but that wouldn't affect the engine (i guess). It was an auto as well. Was located at McGraths Hill Sydney and was red.
The thing is that there may be cheap PTs that are going for sale but what do you do with the rest of the whole car? Keep for parts if you've got the space? And by using an engine from a whole car there's the cost of buying the car on top of the engine change. Also that manuals and autos don't mix together and early and late models don't mix either.
I know Allan at Bleams has recon engines, but not sure how he freights a whole engine. Also, there's a wreckers up in Qld at Staplyton who has a number of PTs used as parts (don't know too much more details sorry).
Good luck,
Rich.
The following user(s) said Thank You: White Cruisn

I don’t want to sell! 4 months 7 hours ago #84582

I am very pleased to report that I have my Cruiser back. :) I picked it up from A & J Automotive today and have just driven it home. My pocket is $3.5K lighter, but it is running well, it did the freeway and traffic roads just fine and stopped when it is supposed to. So...now I have two cars as I wasn’t sure I was going to get the Cruiser back, so some part time driving will be happening for a while. Next job is getting it all registered.

Thanks for the support and commiserating. It’s nice to have people who don’t look at me like I have three heads when I say I really like my Cruiser and don’t want it scrapped just yet, thanks.

I don’t want to sell! 3 months 4 weeks ago #84584

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 51
That's great news...and brave of you to make that decision to keep it going. I know you have always been passionate about your car.
I was only just thinking of you today, wondering what decision you got to make!
Lots if money but hey if it was something else it would be the same. Good on you for sticking to what your heart said. Let's hope all goes well from here for you.
Also hope you were satisfied with A&J.

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

I don’t want to sell! 2 months 1 week ago #84637

• gooddog
  • Thank you received: 4
So good to hear, i find it is often NOT the car, rather the mechanic/workshop,you take it too, .................... continue to be a little different with the car you drive...... keep cruisin
02.jpg07.jpg01.jpg05.jpg09.jpg04.jpg10.jpg03.jpg11.jpg06.jpg