Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: first time

first time 11 months 3 days ago #83959

;) Just joined (Adelaide,Williamstown,South Australia). I have just bought a 2005 pt c and love it. One problem the bloke I bought it from as had the ECU check out because the light came on (he is a mechanic) and spent $745.50 on 2 oxygen sensors 1. pre and 2. post, the light still came on. Any suggestions by anyone who may know about these issues.
Is there any truth in that when the ECU is replaced it is linked to your ignition key.
Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

first time 11 months 3 days ago #83960

• i2s2bme
  • Colin & Joan
  • Thank you received: 76
It needs to be scanned and the error code read
Once you have the error code or codes it will pinpoint the problem
And yes all ignition parts including the key must be coded to the ECU

To get a correct diagnosis you may need to take it to a Chrysler Dealer or someone who knows PT's
In most cases not just any mechanic It may cost a little more but at least they know what they are looking at.

Welcome to the wonderful world of PT ownership
When the are running fine, they are a great car
When they are not you'll wish you never bought it.
Which is not all that often, same as any modernish car(2000 onwards)
Colin & Joan

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Web: www.ptcruisers.com.au/ptcdu-nsw
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

first time 11 months 2 days ago #83962

Cheers i2s2bme.

first time 6 months 3 weeks ago #84395

• Dreddman
  • Elite Member
:ohmy: ... :( $745 on 2 $50 oxy sensors you kidding me what I have learnt from owning my PT for nearly 10 years and my Jeep XJ Cherokee for 5 yrs is that most mechanics only know Holden Ford and Toyota anything else is :unsure: Get a Manual Do your research get parts online Rockauto in the USA is great PT & Jeep parts 3 weeks from the USA to the QLD Outback in 3 weeks :woohoo: Check all your other sensors TPS Idle Air and map sensors fail as the car gets older and the kilometres
"Lulubelle" 01 Classic Lowered.. Ptk taupe frost metalic clear coat...chrome Grill a noisey exhaust
01.jpg05.jpg10.jpg07.jpg11.jpg06.jpg09.jpg02.jpg04.jpg03.jpg