Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Advice on 2007 PT Cabriolet Roof

Advice on 2007 PT Cabriolet Roof 4 years 9 months ago #79116

• 10bosch
I\'m a new cruiser owner having had my Cabriolet for just over a week.

My roof is having a folding issue which I only became aware of when I tried to figure out why the boot cover wouldn\'t fit. I have a bulge of roof where it shouldn\'t be. Upon investigation it appears that one of the folding arms doesn\'t have anything guiding it up so it goes down instead. I can make it fold correctly if I apply a small amount of pressure on the fold as the the roof goes back.

Bulge in roof

so I\'m trying to work out what the issue is...... is something loose......or maybe missing? This pic is my car and I am hoping someone will be willing to post a similar image of their PT so I can compare them.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Advice on 2007 PT Cabriolet Roof 4 years 9 months ago #79119

• 10bosch
I just wanted to let you guys know that all I also posted this on an American Forum, and was supplied with this pic.

So as they say a picture tells a thousand words, and I most certainly have a part missing.

I have been in touch with Chrysler at Gosford and they said it\'s easy to order in, but they want to see my car and the picture before they will order anything. So looks like I am going for a trip to the dealer tomorrow.

Re:Advice on 2007 PT Cabriolet Roof 4 years 9 months ago #79120

• inferno
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Hello Kristy, it,s Murf here one of our long time members Keith (endless dreams) had problems with his convertible roof and is knows most things, hopefully he will read your post, welcome to the site and this is where most problems ger answered, Regards MURF
MURF

Re:Advice on 2007 PT Cabriolet Roof 4 years 9 months ago #79127

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 47
Hi Kirsty,

It would appear that there is definitely a part missing- looks like a sleeved spring.
If they can\'t help you in Gosford (good reason to come to God\'s country!), get back in touch here because there are others who can also help with this sort of prob.

- Steve
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser

Re:Advice on 2007 PT Cabriolet Roof 4 years 9 months ago #79132

• 10bosch
Sigh. ....

Lets go to Gosford Chrysler she said
It will be easy she said

How nieve I was.

Sure they can order me a spring. ....but it will cost 10k as its attached to a new folding arm.

Re:Advice on 2007 PT Cabriolet Roof 4 years 9 months ago #79133

• red gong
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3
did you $10,000 ..?? does a car come with it..?? , those cabrios must be gold, none up for wrecking... very good.. what is the one on other side look like, is it only a spring in a sleeve..?? warranty from dealer or bought private..?
05.jpg03.jpg09.jpg11.jpg10.jpg06.jpg02.jpg04.jpg01.jpg07.jpg