Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: headlights ( replace or clean )

Re:headlights ( replace or clean ) 6 years 9 months ago #73536

• red gong
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 3
A lot of elbow work, using Liquid cut and polish, also a rub with the finest wet sand paper, brought them to about 90% ... WOW what a difference , I can see now...!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:headlights ( replace or clean ) 6 years 9 months ago #73537

• dotspt
  • Platinum Member
  • pic taken at Rowville by Doti Photographics
well B) thanks to the SURGEON I should be able to JUST about get started on that :woohoo: .... :blink: won\'t be ready for COTM :( but there is always 2013 !! .. have a round trip via Sydney for boat work for 2012 with BLKOPL, dropping into Albury on way home .. oh oh :angry: off TOPIC recalculating !! head lights on BLKOPL are still A OK !! .. thanks for the tips

Re:headlights ( replace or clean ) 6 years 9 months ago #73557

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 47
The lights the Col found would look great in the black PT, but of course (as Magpie says) only if you can get them for RHD... Maybe try some of the British sites???

Murray & Karen used the Turtle Wax branded cleaner on their\'s when they bought it. Came up really really well. I haven\'t seen it since, but will report after viewing it Yackandandah next weekend.

- Steve
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser

Re:headlights ( replace or clean ) 6 years 9 months ago #73614

Ha and I just thought this was an issue with my PT - thought the old girl just got cataracts
Tina Angel Intuitive - Rego TM67PT
Best PT Cruiser - Factory ACD 2005
Stone White 2001 Classic Auto

Re:headlights ( replace or clean ) 6 years 8 months ago #73625

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
Whitechick wrote:
Ha and I just thought this was an issue with my PT - thought the old girl just got cataracts

Not just PTs, any car with plastic headlight \"glass\"- lots of Corollas, RAV4s, etc., etc., Almost anything with headlight \"glass\" that is not 100% vertical. The smog/soot in the air settles on them, it gets wet, it bakes in the sun.......

Ours in never garaged (or even carport), and :blush: :blush: :blush: not very regularly washed, but has perspex headlight covers and has no \'cataracts\' (love that description).

I assume that the covers keep the \'acid rain\' and UV and other crap away...

- Steve

Re:headlights ( replace or clean ) 6 years 8 months ago #73689

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
PTmunji wrote:
Murray & Karen used the Turtle Wax branded cleaner on their\'s when they bought it. Came up really really well. I haven\'t seen it since, but will report after viewing it Yackandandah next weekend.

- Steve

They\'re not looking too bad.
Murray said that he had to dom them again after about 5 months, and will probably need doing again soon (another 5 months), but the Turtle Wax product is only around $25 and you will get about 4 treatments out of it (plus the required \'elbow grease\'.
  • Page:
02.jpg01.jpg04.jpg06.jpg10.jpg11.jpg09.jpg05.jpg07.jpg03.jpg