Forum
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Chrome adhesive trim - free to good home!

Re:Chrome adhesive trim - free to good home! 7 years 11 months ago #68273

• bron357
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
No, these are incredibly tasteful!
And very small!
I remember seeing a photo of a car that a man had covered in real grass. He used to have to mow it !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Chrome adhesive trim - free to good home! 2 years 11 months ago #81467

• Chromebeast
Hi,
I have just bought a 2007 PT in black and I am very excited about doing her up with some chrome strip. I especially like the look of the 1940s fender kit (3 Strips) and the Belt Line kits. I have found that all the kits offered on the internet are for 2000 - 2005 model cars. My car has a different Grill to these models and I am worried that these will not fit. Has anyone had experience with this? From the thumbnail it looks like Bron357 has a similar model are any full size photos of this car available?
Thanks

Chrome adhesive trim - free to good home! 2 years 11 months ago #81470

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 49
Hi
Yes the 2007 model is different to the earlier models.
Who have you looked up for those parts so far?

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chromebeast

Chrome adhesive trim - free to good home! 2 years 11 months ago #81471

• Chromebeast
Hi Ray,

Thanks for the swift response. I have found this website very useful for links, I have gone back through old forum articles looking for leads. A lot of the old links are now dead and some of the companies listed have reduced their range, no longer run with PT products (or don't advertise them on web site).

The two items I really want are the 1940s fender kit (3 stripes) and a belt line.

The 1940s fender kit I like is on amazon: www.amazon.com/2000-2005-CHRYSLER-CRUISE...IMITED/dp/B006ZDXGRA
the only problem is that it specificly lists 2000-2005 models which is strange as the fenders LOOK the same between models. Can anyone advise if this will fit a 2007?

Ebay has multipul sellers flogging generic stick on ABS Chrome strip but I worried this won't give the nice beveled edge look where it is cut:

Race and Street have some crazy mods but a bit out of my price range and postage to Aus might hurt: www.raceandstreet.com/Merchant2/merchant...AS&Category_Code=Hot

Fendertrim are in Aus and have some stuff but not the stuff I am looking for: www.fendertrim.com.au/category/chrysler/pt-cruiser/

Cruisin On in WA seem to have deleted the range that had everyone excited a few years back.

Ebay has multipul sellers flogging generic stick on ABS Chrome strip but Im worried this won't give a nice beveled edge look where it is cut:

Old Skool Falcon have some crazy wheel stuff, I am seriously considering some Full Moons and White Portawalls, Has anyone had experience with portawalls?: www.oldskoolfalcon.com/hubcaps.php

This guy has done quite a bit to his car, some I like, some a bit too much for my taste but great ideas all the same: www.runnerduck.com/cars/pt_cruiser.htm

Duck links to a site www.cruisermotorsports.com which pops up in a few of the forum posts over here. This link now appears to be dead.

So thats the situation as it stands, I think I might have missed the PT Gold rush and bought the wrong model?

Any hints or photos of a post 2006 PT that has had some chrome applied would be much appreciated. Still looking forward to having a play.
Thank you

Pat

Chrome adhesive trim - free to good home! 2 years 11 months ago #81472

• White Cruisn
  • Ray & Gayle. Luv our PT & being part of this Club.
  • Thank you received: 49
Have you tried Bleam Chrysler Chrome in QLD - www.bleam.com.au (Allan)
or
Mopar Motrors in VIC - www.moparmotors.com.au (Sam)

- Ray
Ray Joyce
Mob: 0407 266 890
PTCDU-NSW Inc. - SECRETARY & Membership
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PT CRUISERS DOWNUNDER (NSW) Inc.
UHF: Ch19
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Club Web: www.ptcruisers.org.au
Club Mail: PO Box: 357 Figtree, NSW 2525

Chrome adhesive trim - free to good home! 2 years 11 months ago #81473

• PTmunji
  • Platinum Member
  • Steve & Moni
  • Thank you received: 47
Hi Chromebeast,

The exterior differences are- grill and front bumper/apron unit, front headlights,
rear bumper and beaver unit and reversing/fog lights.
The door spears are also slightly different.
Tail lights are the same shape, the later models have clear blinker lenses, earlier models have orange lenses.
Model ranges for the parts that are different are 2000-2005, 2006 onwards.

The chrome strips for behind the front wheel and leading edge of the front door, and belt-line will fit your model as the guards are the same.

I can't comment on your wheel wishes because I have never tried what you want, there are however
others on this forum who have done it and may drop in to offer advice.

Go to this link for photos-
www.ptcruisers.com.au/forum/nsw-act/6631...th-nov-2010?start=96

Good luck & have fun customising.
Steve & Moni & her Bat-Cruiser
01.jpg07.jpg09.jpg06.jpg02.jpg03.jpg05.jpg11.jpg04.jpg10.jpg